Today, we’re excited to introduce and announce the launch of koreaBANG, featuring original reports and translations of Korean internet news, trends, and pop culture, as well as translations of Korean netizen comments and reactions to the issues of the day in the world’s most wired country.
It’s like chinaSMACK…but for Korea.
Behind koreaBANG is an international team of Koreans and non-Koreans who are dedicated to providing the same broadly accessible, entertaining, and “raw” reporting of modern Korean society, through what becomes popular and what gets talked about online by Koreans themselves.
They fashion themselves as the “little sister site” to chinaSMACK.
On koreaBANG right now:
- CEO of explosives company argues his arrest would hurt Korea’s economy, fails.
- Korean girl idol has wardrobe malfunction, netizens cry publicity stunt.
- False advertising of Korean pizza chains exposed, cheese discovered to be fake.
- Rumors of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un’s death spread worldwide.
- Korean girls write political messages on their boobs, protest jailed podcaster.
Please take a moment to go visit koreaBANG and show the koreaBANG crew some support.
Bragging rights go to the first chinaSMACK commenter to “sofa” koreaBANG.
Finally, if you’re interested in joining the team, send us an email introducing yourself and how you’d like to get involved. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.