Family Members Die After Consuming “Chinese Medicine Dish”

Family Members Die After Consuming “Chinese Medicine Dish”
Binzhou county government have issued a bulletin urging residents not to consume “unknown ingredients” after six people died and 21 were hospitalized following the consumption of pig’s trotters stewed with a poisonous flower used in Chinese medicine. The incident occurred after a villager in Jinniuzhen invited family and friends to a meal. However, diners soon became ill after eating the dish, which contained “caowu” or Kusnezoff Monkshood; a species of Aconitum flowers that are largely extremely poisonous. One netizen said that Chinese medicine had made an outstanding contribution to family planning.

Source: Netease

Help us maintain a vibrant and dynamic discussion section that is accessible and enjoyable to the majority of our readers. Please review our Comment Policy »
  • Amused

    Well… You have to look on the bright side I guess; I’m sure no one is coming around his house bumming food anymore.

  • vonskippy

    Darwinism in action – don’t reward stupid, tradition or not, there’s now this thing called “SCIENCE”.

  • Jahar

    stop eating things with unknown ingredients? That pretty much covers everything, doesn’t it?

Personals @ chinaSMACK - Meet people, make friends, find lovers? Don't be so serious!»