Female University Student in Yiwu Has Whole Body Burnt While Eating Self-Service Barbeque
Living in Yiwu Heyetang, Young Qian is 20 years old this year, and was to start her second year in college with the start of the new school year. Young Qian met her school friend Young Qing from Yiwu Suxi, the two of them preparing to return to Wenzhou together for school.
Yesterday noon, Young Qian and Young Qing met in Suxi where the two of them decided to go eat barbeque before taking the bus to go back to school.
The two decided on a self-service barbeque restaurant in Suxi. After the two of them got the food they liked and returned to their table, Young Qing felt the fire for the barbeque wasn’t strong enough, and so called the waitress to make it bigger.
Young Qing watched the waitress bring over a bottle of liquid alcohol, and then pour it into the barbeque grill that still had a flicker of flame left. Young Qing says he thought it was odd but did not manage to stop her in time, with the flame instantly leaping up.
At this moment, the bottle of alcohol in the waitress’s hands also caught on fire. Because of panicking, she immediately throw the bottle, and that happened to [spill alcohol] on Young Qian.
Young Qian was immediately engulfed in flames. When another customer saw someone on fire, he immediately took off his clothes and came to extinguish the fire. Although the fire very quickly went out, Young Qian’s entire body had already been scorched black.
Young Qing was a little better. After catching on fire, he immediately took off his clothes but because the fire was too strong, his face and neck still had burns.
Waitress Young Shan’s right hand was also lightly burnt.
The three were immediately taken to Yiwu Fuyuan Hospital. Young Qing’s head and neck suffered second-degree burns but was not in any life-threatening danger. After being bandaged, Young Qing was transferred to an ordinary ward. Because her injures were severe, Young Qian was immediately transferred to the better equipped Yiwu Central Hospital. Yesterday afternoon, she was again transferred to a hospital in Hangzhou.
18-year-old Young Shan is from Guizhou and had come to Yiwu to work just last year. What more, she has only been working at this barbecue restaurant for a month. Young Shan says: “In the past, the boss had me follow an older employee to learn, but today that employee had the day off, so it was my first time serving customers on my own. I never thought this kind of thing would happen.”
With regards to her mistake, Young Shan is extremely worried, constantly asking doctors if she will be going to jail. At present, Yiwu police have already gotten involved.
Comments from Youku:
That bottle of alcohol became a flamethrower.
The alcohol vapors ignited, and the bottle flew away. There are problems/errors with the description.
If only military education and training could teach us some safety skills, like how to protect ourselves at times like these. Also, that guy must’ve shit his pants…he ran so far away.
So sad, must be disfigured now.
Real-life Final Destination.
Her boyfriend ran away and disappeared… so tragic.
Are there still barbeque restaurants using alcohol [instead of gas grills]?
Simply too frightening. This waitress needs to take responsibility. This restaurant needs to take responsibility.
No common sense.
Is there anyone who can tell us in a more professional manner just what exactly we should do when encountering this kind of situation???
狂流ing (responding to above)
What to do? Extinguish the fire.
Not being educated is truly, truly very frightening. The [waitress] ignorantly for her convenience poured directly. Sigh. 18 years old and already out in the world working. I bet she hasn’t had more than a few chemistry classes…
The waitress’s skill at fleeing is comparatively proficient.
Women are all retarded.
A girl’s life is ruined.
Girl Burned While Eating Barbeque, Waitress Accidentally Spilled Alcohol on Her
Yesterday afternoon at 1:35pm, three young men and women who were burnt in an accident were urgently taken to the Yiwu City Fuyuan Hospital Emergency Room. Among them, two were college students, while the other was a barbeque restaurant waitress.
As it is understood, the relatively lightly injured female wait staff Young Shan is 18 years old this year, from Guizhou; the relatively more severely injured young woman Young Qian is 20 years old this year, lives at Yiwu Heyetang, and is entering her second year of university; while the other young man Young Qing is also 20 years old this year, lives at Yiwu Suxi, and is a classmate of Xiao Qian also studying at a university in Wenzhou.
Three people burnt in barbeque restaurant
“Seeing how primary and secondary school student have already begun school, we wanted to go out and have fun one more time, never expecting an accident to happen.” After emergency care by doctors, with gauze wrapped around his head and neck, Young Qing was transferred to an ordinary patient room for continued observation. The diagnosis doctors gave him is: second degree burns on the head and neck, but not life-threatening.
Young Qing says him and Young Qian were entering their second year of college once school starts this year, and on the eve of school starting, he had planned to meet up with Young Qian and go to the Suxi “Happy Days” self-service barbeque restaurant to “relax”, and discuss about how the two of them were going to go back to school.
Yesterday noon, the two met up and came to Suxi where they both ordered the dishes they each liked at the barbeque restaurant. After barbequing for a while, Young Qing felt the fire was too small, that it was taking too long to barbeque, so he had the waitress increase the heat [make the fire bigger]. When he saw the waitress bring over a bottle of liquid alcohol and directly pour it onto the barbeque grill that still had an obvious open flame, Young Qing wanted to stop her but before he could, the flame suddenly rushed up. Panicking, the waitress threw the flaming bottle in her hand but happened to throw it onto Young Qian’s where the flame instantly enveloping her.
Upon seeing what happened, several customers nearby rushed to use clothes to extinguish the flames, but the fire nonetheless had scorched Young Qian’s entire body. Young Qing, who had been sitting across from her, because of the spurt of flame, had his head and neck also burnt.
According to doctors, waitress Young Shan’s injuries were the lightest, with only her right hand and both knees lightly burned, and could be discharged after having them wrapped.
She may never go to school again
“This get-together has made it impossible for the two to start school on time, and Young Qian especially is very unlikely to ever go to college again” said a Fuyuan Hospital Emergency Room doctor. Young Qian’s entire body is already stiff and her life is in danger at any moment. After one round of emergency treatment, Young Qian was again transferred to Yiwu City Central Hospital. Because of her critical injuries, Young Qian was then transferred to a hospital in Hangzhou.
“Our school starts next Tuesday. We had agreed to go back to school together after Mid-Autumn Festival, but now we can’t go back…” Xiao Qing said with tears in his eyes.
“With the consequences this severe, will I go to jail?” a nervous Young Shan repeatedly asked of medical personnel in the emergency room. As it is understood, 18-year-old Young Shan had only been working at the “Happy Days” self-service barbeque restaurant for less than a month.
Comments from NetEase:
zhxy9804 zhxy9804 [网易山东省临沂市网友]：
Heavens, this restaurant could shut down and it’d still couldn’t be forgiven.
I am your mother [this is said in a “my god” tone], to actually use alcohol, this restaurant owner is a stupid cunt!!!
In the United States, a single major accident can change history: 1911 March 25, the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire. 146 male and female workers died, with most of them being 16 to 23-year-old young women, the youngest just 14 years old. This was also the worst workplace disaster in New York until the 2011 9/11 incident. At the time, management had locked all the doors to the stairwells and exits to prevent workers from going outside to smoke during shift changes, so many female workers were unable to escape the building as it burned. This fire prompted the United States legislation on sweatshops, requiring improved factory safety standards, and was later written into American secondary school textbooks, becoming a part of modern American values: life is more valuable than wealth.
82 years later on 1993 November 19, a similar fire happened at the Shenzhen Kuiyong town Zhili Toy Factory. 87 female workers were unable to escape because the doors were locked and windows sealed, engulfed in flames. Many years later and after years of arduous efforts, some Hong Kong public welfare organizations finally won hundreds of thousands of USD in compensation from the Italian OEM company, but to this day they can’t get a list of the victims and their family’s contact information because of local noncooperation.
How can this waitress be so ignorant?
This is the reason why waitresses also need at least a junior high school education. Those without education must not become wait staff.
Hehe, aren’t they supposed to be using solid alcohol? Why are they still using liquid alcohol?
Sigh, the guy uses clothes to try patting out the fire but ends up making the fire worse!
He should’ve used the clothes to cover the girl’s face, and press her to the ground. I bet that way her face could’ve been saved!
Ended up barbecuing themselves!!
97 CommentsLeave a Reply