Many of you understand that advertisements and donations help pay for the cost of maintaining chinaSMACK. All of chinaSMACK’s contributors are volunteers and I spend a lot of time translating and trying to make this website better.
Recently, James D. Nardell from the South China Morning Post contacted me to become a new advertising sponsor for chinaSMACK. Here is some information:
Who is South China Morning Post?
The South China Morning Post is Hong Kong’s premier English language newspaper. First published in 1903, the newspaper has developed an enviable reputation for authoritative, influential and independent reporting on Hong Kong, China and the rest of Asia.
Some fast facts on scmp.com [the online edition of the newspaper]:
- The South China Morning Post has more correspondents around the region than any other newspaper.
- Subscribers can pull full details on every company listed on the Hong Kong exchange, making it easy to research companies they may be interested in investing in, similar to finance.yahoo.com, but focused on Hong Kong/China.
- Subscribers can voice their opinions through the forum and debate with journalists/readers.
- Articles are regularly updated through the day.
- Mobile WAP site allows readers stay updated with what is happening in China anywhere in the world. Plus, subscribers can choose to be alerted by SMS when there are updates to their chosen topics.
- Daily podcasts feature the latest headlines, commentaries from the journalists, exclusive interviews, analysis of the news, business updates and special reports on Hong Kong city life.
- Subscribers can access over 600,000 archived articles dating back to 1993.
The South China Morning Post is currently offering chinaSMACK readers:
- A FREE 14 day trial of scmp.com [no credit card is necessary], and…
- A 4GB thumbdrive if you later decide to sign up for the scmp.com online service.
Since it is a Hong Kong newspaper, it will also probably offer:
- Better news than mainland Chinese newspapers.
You can start your 14-day Free Trial here »
With James’ and scmp.com‘s help, I would also like to thank chinaSMACK readers and visitors with a…
No just joking. We want to have a…
Free chinaSMACK T-Shirt Contest
We will give a free chinaSMACK T-shirt to two (2) chinaSMACK readers who answer the following questions:
- How did you discover chinaSMACK?
- Why do you still visit chinaSMACK?
- Your response must be in the comments of this post. You can also write your response on your own blog/website but it must appear as a trackback in the below comments.
- Your comment can be in English or Chinese. I cannot read anything else, sorry.
- Your comment or trackback must appear here after this post is published and before 23:59 on Thursday 2009 March 5 (China Time).
- Only one entry is allowed per person. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
- The two winners will be selected and announced by 14:00 on Friday 2009 March 6 (China Time) in an update of this post.
- Please include your real email address when writing your comment. It will not be visible to other people, published, or sold. I will only use it to email the winners to ask what type, size, and color of t-shirt you want and what address to ship your t-shirt to.
09/03/06 UPDATE: T-Shirt Winners
Sorry I am a little late. Thank you everyone for commenting. The winners of this contest were chosen randomly. They are NickC and Hans-von-Wurst. I have emailed both of you to ask for what type of t-shirt, color, and size you want and also your shipping address so please check your email. If you do not reply by next Wednesday, I will choose another winner. I think the t-shirt should take about 1-2 weeks for shipping.
Note: Hans-von-Wurst, I am not sure if you used your real/correct email address so please email me if it is wrong.