1. 2010 June 4, the road surface suddenly collapsed at the 1478km+520m marker on the Zhejiang Huang Qu Nan highway heading towards Nanping, with a doline/sinkhole measuring 8 meters in diameter and 10 meters in depth, which just happened to include the highway’s main driving lane and passing lane.
2. 2010 May 31, tropical storm “Agatha” swept across Central America. While under this hurricane, a sinkhole reaching 60 meters in depth appeared in the capital of Guatemala. It is said that a three story building fell into the hole.
3. 2010 May 27 at dawn, in Chengdu Dayi Xinchang town, village resident Mr. Hou discovered a sinkhole while irrigating his rice field. The second day, he discovered yet another hole while watering his rice paddies 3 days later, in Chongzhou City Huaiyuan Town, village resident Mr. Zhou also discovered a sinkhole. Contrary to what villagers believe, two “sinkholes” are not precursors to earthquakes. This is considered normal geological activity.” Said Sichuan Province Geological Engineering Institute professor and senior engineer Liu Junxian.
4. Beginning 2010 April 27, several sinkholes appeared one after another in Yinbin City of Sichuan province, with the number of sinkholes numbering over a dozen. The local land department has stated that the “sinkholes” were caused by coal mining, and through investigation has confirmed that there is no impact upon villagers.
5. 2009 June 13, a dried up fish pond in Yiling Village of Shuangqiao Town of Wuming County of Guangxi Province suddenly collapsed, becoming an 80 meter wide, 20 meter deep circular pit. There are also many cracks around the sinkhole, with the cracks growing in size.
Here are some additional China sinkhole photographs from a post titled “Sinkholes discovered around China causes alarm” on NetEase and another post titled “Recently huge sinkholes have appeared in many places, but what are they indicating/predicting?” on Tianya:
Comments from Tianya:
Will what was the ocean become land and what is now land become the ocean?
Aliens come out of these holes?
Premier Wen is current selling ark tickets, with the governments of many countries stepping down one after another after getting their tickets.
God is very angry with earthlings polluting behavior and has decided to punish earthlings.
Before experts have refuted the rumors,
don’t be scared.
Guatemala, that one is a little too frightening.
Were there others before, except they were simple harmonized…?
And now information spreads too fast on the internet, so the moment something happens everyone knows before it can be harmonized…?
This is definitely something fresh I have never seen before.
Why are the holes so round, even humans can’t make it this round.
Why is there such frequency and intensity?
Why aren’t there any reasonable explanations?
Comments from NetEase:
Sigh, have aliens attacked? Here in Zhengzhou, there was a report just yesterday that a sinkhole was discovered, and allegedly the interior diameter is 3 meters. Scary!
Closer and closer to 2012!
Why be alarmed like this? Is it too frequent, or do you care too much? If there really is a 2012, then no one can stop it.
This is something that appears a lot in disaster films, as early warnings before the disaster. Yeah, the movies that do not include these are all unprofessional.
Let’s organize ourselves and quickly go to Tibet to find the ark.
Sinkholes. chinaSMACK personals.