Post-90s Generation Boy with AIDS Seeks Marriage on Street on Qixi Festival
August 13, Beijing, Qixi Festival by the lunar calendar. An HIV-infected man and some volunteers held a matchmaking event on a busy commercial strip in Beijing’s Xidan district, to draw public attention to the lives and rights of people infected with AIDS.
An HIV-infected man seeking a marriage partner on the street. Some passers-by not only went forward to interact with him, but also generously engaged with him with intimate contact such as hand-shaking, hugging, etc.
Yet many other passers-by still refused to stop even if to simply exchange a few words.
A young guy selling flowers on the street fervently hugging [the AIDS-infected man].
The AIDS-infected man seeking marriage on the street.
The AIDS-infected man advertising for a marriage partner on the street being shooed away by a shopping mall security guard.
Comments from NetEase:
Sigh… I just want to know why/how he got AIDS.
老百姓做梦等贪官把钱洗白 [网易湖北省武汉市网友]: (responding to above)
Seems like its easy to be infected if one often has anal sex. Requesting scientific explanation.
I just want to ask when Tianyi will be sentenced. How much longer is it going to drag on for? And how much longer can it be dragged on for? Those who have the same questions as I do, ding me!!! [7,970 upvotes during the time of translation]
You won’t die if you didn’t hype this, but this behavior of yours will definitely disgust people to death.
我们到底需要什么 [网易江苏省网友]: (responding to above)
I think it’s good, better than those who hide their conditions and secretly infect others. If there’s a girl who’s willing to [marry him], at least she’ll know what kind of choice she has made.
aimory [网易河北省沧州市网友]: (responding to ip：182.124.*.*)
1. Very smart/clever, but very likely to believe rumors.
2. Like to fight over/scramble for everything, scrambling for seats, not knowing to let people off before getting on when riding the bus or elevator.
3. Can submit to humiliation in big matters, but fight and squabble over small things.
4. If something can be accomplished through connections, they’ll never do it through legitimate/proper ways.
5. Complain not about unfairness, but about not being the one who benefits/profits.
6. Always criticizing the outside world, but seldom examining themselves.
7. It doesn’t matter if they themselves are happy, as long as others aren’t happy.
8. Don’t cheer for their friends’ success, but are willing to donate for a stranger’s misfortune.
9. Don’t extend a hand to the perseverance of the strong, but are willing to shed a tear for the compromise of the weak.
10. Are unwilling to be burdened by carrying out the rules and regulations, preferring instead to suffer adapting to/complying with unwritten rules.
11. Don’t struggle for the benefit of the whole, but willing to curse in rage for the misfortunes of the whole.
12. Don’t seek the wealth and welfare of the future, but willing to take risks for petty short-term advantages before their eyes.
13. Don’t know about the obligations and responsibilities they owe their country and society, only know to demand the ZF to give this and do that.
14. Most Chinese people have never learned what is the meaning of a decent and respectable life. That obtaining power or money is everything in life, that it is success. The national phenomenon of corruption, degeneration, and ignorance is unmatched and forever will be unmatched in human history!
15. What’s ridiculous is that Chinese people will divide themselves by region and area [where they are from] and curse each other, belittling each other, and sometimes fall out with their own family over nothing but money and house property.
Wouldn’t this harm the girl [who marries him]?
He knows clearly it’s not realistic, so why did he still do it?
天一操梦鸽双江旁拍摄 [网易广东省深圳市网友]: (responding to above)
You know clearly that you are going to die, why do you still live?
网易浙江省嘉兴市海宁市手机网友 ip：125.123.*.*: (responding to above)
Who can refute him? I can’t find a reason…
Comments from Phoenix Online:
To treat a bad thing as if it were glorious and promote it will mislead society and especially the young. To not discriminate [against AIDS patients] should be the greatest bottom line. To ask other people to fall in love with an AIDS-infected man should be within the scope of individual choice, which society shouldn’t encourage or indulge, otherwise everyone will be in danger.
凤凰网江西省上饶市玉山县网友 凤凰网友: (responding to above)
AIDS-infected people in China should go to Japan to spread and proliferate~~~ to take root and sprout.
Why impose it on other people? Is having AIDS something glorious? Should we be promoting AIDS? So immoral!
凤凰网河南省郑州市网友 fourspace: (responding to above)
SB, this is public welfare. Wouldn’t you think this was immoral when you have AIDS and are discriminated against by other people??? We’re living under the same sky, why discriminate against him?
凤凰网河北省网友 baigongzi: (responding to above)
Public welfare, public welfare your face.
凤凰网山东省网友 凤凰网友: (responding to above)
Not discriminating against you is enough, yet you want others to love you!
A man like him still dares to promote himself on the street? Good people rarely get this disease. A single mistake can cause lasting sorrow, it’s better to treat it as a lesson.
2B, don’t go harming other people!
I don’t know what’s wrong with society nowadays. Do people nowadays no longer have any sense of shame at all? This society no longer has a bottom line.